Hear about journey to Egypt together with Cairo and climbing Mount Sinai within the Sinai Peninsula because the Novice Traveler talks to Greg from ThePresentPerspective.com about their current journey to see a distinct a part of Egypt.
Why do you have to go to Egypt?
Greg says, “I believe there are 1,000,000 explanation why somebody ought to go to Egypt. Heat and hospitable folks. Nice tradition. Egyptian historical past clearly is huge, and it’s one of many oldest civilizations on the earth. There’s a lot to see in Decrease Egypt, in Cairo there’s simply an infinite wealth of treasures to discover however after we visited Egypt, we determined to go slightly bit off of the standard route that numerous vacationers go it’s not that we weren’t excited about going to Luxor and Aswan and doing a Nile cruise. We get pleasure from historical past, however we’re not historical past buffs, and I believe, to us, there was sufficient historical historical past in Cairo.”
“So whereas Luxor would have been nice to go to, we had sufficient of a time with Egyptian historical past in Cairo, with the pyramids and Saqqara and all of that. So we determined to go a distinct route and as a substitute of heading south, head east. So we headed into the Sinai Peninsula.”
Day 1: Arrival in Cairo
- Arrive in Cairo, the capital of Egypt.
- Examine into your lodging in Giza.
Day 2: Exploring the Pyramids
- Spend the day exploring the Giza Plateau.
- Go to the enduring Pyramids of Giza, together with the Nice Pyramid of Khufu.
- Discover the Sphinx and the traditional temples within the space.
Day 3: Saqqara and Memphis
- Head to Saqqara, recognized for the Step Pyramid, which is likely one of the oldest pyramid buildings.
- Discover the traditional metropolis of Memphis, the previous capital of Egypt.
- Return to your lodging in Cairo or Giza for the night time.
Day 4: Coptic Cairo and St. Simon the Tanner Monastery
- Discover the historic district of Coptic Cairo.
- Go to St. Simon the Tanner Monastery, positioned in caves on Mount Makatum.
- Benefit from the distinctive ambiance of this historic web site.
- Spend the night time in Cairo.
Day 5: Journey to St. Catharine
- Depart for St. Catharine, a city positioned on the base of Mount Sinai.
- Select both a street journey from Cairo or fly to Sharm El Sheikh Worldwide Airport and organize transportation to St. Catharine.
- Examine into your lodging in St. Catharine.
Day 6: Mountaineering Mount Sinai
- Get up early to start your dawn hike up Mount Sinai.
- Benefit from the breathtaking views from the summit because the solar rises.
- Go to St. Catherine’s Monastery, one of many oldest on the earth, positioned on the foot of the mountain.
- Spend the night time in St. Catharine.
Day 7: Dahab and the Purple Sea
- Head to the coastal city of Dahab.
- Discover the colourful underwater world by snorkeling or diving within the Blue Gap.
- Go to the Coloured Canyon, which affords gorgeous pure magnificence.
- Benefit from the Magic Lake for a singular swimming expertise.
- Keep in Dahab for the night time.
Day 8: Stress-free in Dahab
- Spend a leisurely day on the seaside, having fun with the clear waters of the Purple Sea.
- Go to the Blue Lagoon for a peaceable expertise.
- Take within the native tradition and delicacies in Dahab.
- Calm down and unwind on this lovely coastal city.
Day 9: Return to Cairo
- Journey to Sharm El Sheikh Worldwide Airport.
- Fly again to Cairo and residential
Egypt has a lot to see. The Pyramids are superb, but additionally think about heading into the Sinai to climb the sacred mountain of Sinai.
This episode of Novice Traveler is sponsored by Thrifty Traveler Premium – Journey Extra for Much less. Thrifty Traveler’s military of flight deal specialists are looking 24/7 for flight offers so that you don’t need to. Use the promo code ‘AT10’ for $10 off your first 12 months at thriftytraveler.com/premium.
proper click on right here to obtain (mp3)
Marriott Mena Home, Cairo, Cairo
Saint Samaan : The Tanner Monastery
Saint Catherine, Egypt
Saint Catherine’s Monastery
Blue Gap (Purple Sea)
The Magic Lake in Fayoum
Le Méridien Dahab Resort, Dahab
Koshary Abou Tarek, Cairo
Cairo Journey Information: Ideas for Visiting Egypt’s Capital 
Mountaineering Mt. Sinai: Our Expertise and What You Ought to Know
Mountaineering Mt Sinai Video
Please take our listener survey