I’ve achieved loads of actually cool issues in my lifetime, however thus far, one of many coolest issues I’ve ever achieved was tour Lisbon by bike and sidecar. Whereas being hosted by HouseTrip in Lisbon, I and a gaggle of journey bloggers bought to spend the night with the pleasant people at Sidecar Touring Firm.
Going On A Sidecar Tour In Lisbon, Portugal
Our curious group of journey bloggers was fairly excited to satisfy up with our new “crew“. As we got here out of our flat, throughout the road ready for us had been 4 males from the Sidecar Touring Firm with their large outdated classic hogs. I squealed in delight and critically couldn’t wait to begin the journey! I even began buzzing Born to Be Wild. Sure, actually!
Being the hard-working bloggers that we’re, an excessive picture shoot ensued. We snapped footage of the bikes, one another on the bikes, the drivers, us with the drivers … you get the “image.” Lastly, donning our “extremely horny” helmets, we jumped into the sidecars or within the seats behind the driving force and earlier than we knew it had been racing by the streets of Lisbon.
The photographer in me wished to seize the whole lot and I imply the whole lot! The derelict but hauntingly lovely buildings, the epic avenue artwork, the Moorish-influenced tile facades however admittedly, it’s robust to correctly take photographs from the again of a transferring car (particularly as soon as it bought darkish).
I suppose it was a kind of instances when I ought to have sat again and loved the journey however how may I not need to take pictures of such a vibrant, charismatic, and beautiful metropolis? I fell extra in love with every passing second. It was the proper time for a journey because the solar was simply starting to slide away, leaving the town bathed in a seemingly heavenly mild.
Fortunate for all of us, there have been a number of stops alongside the best way. Tour highlights included Bairro Alto, Almada, the Glass Elevator, the Belém district, and a lot extra (even Pastéis de Belém).
These crumbling facades by no means didn’t make my coronary heart swoon the whole time I used to be in Portugal.
I felt very glamorous posing at this viewpoint and glad to lose that “man-repelling” helmet for a second.
For me, one of the best a part of the night was after we went to a different viewpoint and watched the sundown over Lisbon. It was at this precise second that I started to fall actually onerous for this metropolis.
Then it was evening and picture-taking turned a tad tougher. Nonetheless, I managed to get a number of worthy evening photographs.
The tour lasted about 3 hours and I truthfully can not consider a greater strategy to get acquainted with Lisbon. It’s a very enjoyable and distinctive strategy to get that first style of the town. Because it’s an enormous place geographically talking and takes time to get round, you handle to cowl a lot of distance in a comparatively quick time frame. Primarily based in your expertise, you’ll be able to select which spots you’d prefer to revisit later.
Good To Know
1) Warning, whenever you take this tour individuals will cease and stare, even snigger and level. It’s fairly uncommon to witness a parade of bikes and sidecars making their approach by the streets of Lisbon. Be good-natured and benefit from the consideration. Smile, wave, and secretly know they’re jealous!
2) Sidecar Touring Firm not solely presents evening however day excursions by Lisbon as effectively. You possibly can even go exterior the town to locations like Sintra, Cabo da Roca, and Arrabida. As much as two individuals might be allotted to 1 bike and you’ll change spots each time you cease in order that one individual doesn’t need to be caught in a single place for the whole tour. For our evening tour, it prices €85 euros per bike/sidecar. Costs shall be larger for the longer half-day and day journeys.
3) Ebook your lodging in Lisbon with reserving.com.
4) Make your keep in Lisbon even higher by occurring different excursions as effectively.
5) When you’re trying to drive round by yourself, contemplate renting a automobile. I’d additionally suggest testing the following tips for renting a automobile in Portugal.
6) On the lookout for extra inspiration about what to do in Portugal? Learn over a few of my in style weblog posts:
*Disclosure – My time in Lisbon was complimentary, courtesy of HouseTrip. Any opinions expressed are solely my very own. This submit comprises some affiliate hyperlinks. When you e book a tour or resort by any of those hyperlinks, I’ll earn a tiny fee at no further value to you. Thanks on your assist!