What are you able to anticipate when visiting Iceland? Mountains, waterfalls, untouched nature, glaciers, and when you’re fortunate, energetic volcanoes. And final however not least, steaming scorching springs: the key recipe for surviving Icelandic climate.
Víti, positioned throughout the Askja caldera within the Highlands of Iceland, is a volcanic crater crammed with heat, mineral-rich water. It’s not straightforward to get there because it requires a very good automotive and good climate circumstances, however it’s a must-visit place if you’re up for some journey.
Why go to Víti
Víti provides the distinctive expertise of swimming in a crater in the midst of distant Icelandic nature. With the encompassing black volcanic landscapes that appear like from one other world, this go to will go away you with robust reminiscences. Furthermore, this isn’t a typical vacationer spot. The isolation makes it an escape from the busy vacationer spots.
get to Víti
To go to Askja, you’ll want a 4×4 automobile, and it’s solely accessible throughout the summer season months. Be ready for a difficult drive by means of the Highlands. The commonest place to begin is from the north of Iceland. Take the Route F88 from Myvatn. The highway will take you to the F91 main in direction of Askja.
Recommendations on visiting Víti
- From the automotive park on the finish of the highway, a mountain climbing path about 2.5 km lengthy results in the crater rim and Lake Öskjuvatn.
- The spot is accessible solely throughout the summer season season from mid-June till mid-September and is appropriate just for superior drivers.
- Remember to select the right automotive for Iceland, particularly for the highlands
Swimming in Víti is a singular expertise, however be cautious, because the water may be fairly heat.
Guðrúnarlaug Sizzling Spring
Guðrúnarlaug is a comfy scorching spring within the west of Iceland. A landslide collapsed on the unique scorching tub, so the unique Guðrún scorching pool has been closed for 140 years. These days, you’ll be able to go to a duplicate of the unique scorching tub, which was constructed primarily based on what we consider scorching swimming pools seemed like in Viking instances.
Why go to Guðrúnarlaug
It’s one in every of Iceland’s hidden gems providing a peaceable and intimate expertise in the midst of stunning nature. The water isn’t too scorching, so it’s perfect for somebody who doesn’t like scorching springs with excessive temperatures. It makes it perfect for a soothing bathtub. Plus, its outlying location means fewer folks, permitting you to completely calm down and benefit from the second. Along with the recent tub, there’s a very cute altering room created from wooden and stones the place you’ll be able to change and go away your garments.
get to Guðrúnarlaug
Guðrúnarlaug Sizzling Spring is positioned within the western a part of Iceland round 170 kilometers from Reykjavík. If you’re heading there from the capital, observe the Ring Highway, and once you attain Bifröst, activate Highway 60, which can take you nearly to the spot. The recent spring is subsequent to Dalahótel.
Recommendations on visiting Guðrúnarlaug
- As we mentioned, the water is just not too scorching, which can be good, however when the climate is just not very nice, the water is perhaps too chilly.
- If you’re going from Reykjavík, make a cease in Bifröst and revel in a stroll on the highest of the volcanic crater.
- Plan the go to this spring if you’re heading to Westfjords as it’s in your method.
Hrunalaug is one other cute and comfy scorching spring accompanied by wood and stone shelter. It would remind you of Guðrúnarlaug Sizzling Spring, however it’s bigger and strategically positioned close to the Golden Circle.
Why go to Hrunalaug
Hrunalaug provides a small quiet scorching spot hidden in the midst of lush greenery. There’s a place to alter or go away your garments and two pure swimming pools. It is a superb different to the crowded Fontana Spa and Secret Lagoon positioned close by.
It was a lesser-known spot for experiencing Iceland’s geothermal wonders. Nevertheless, it’s getting increasingly fashionable. However if you’re fortunate, the swimming pools is perhaps completely empty, and you may totally take pleasure in this peaceable place. The steam rising from the nice and cozy water and the close by river make you’re feeling such as you’re in a fairy story.
get to Hrunalaug
To seek out Hrunalaug, you should head to the small village of Flúðir. From there, it’s only a brief drive. Observe Highway 344 and after round 3km flip proper, observe the highway for an additional 700 meters, after which flip proper once more. In a couple of meters, you’ll arrive on the car parking zone of Hrunalaug. Depart your automotive right here and stroll round 130 meters till you attain the vacation spot.
Recommendations on visiting Hrunalaug
- Hrunalaug is located on non-public land. For safety causes and doubtless due to rising recognition, there are set opening hours and entrance charges (2000 ISK for adults). There’s additionally a time restrict for visiting, which is 1 hour 30 minutes.
Positioned on the seashore within the distant a part of Westfjords, bringing you to the untouched Icelandic landscapes. That’s Krossneslaug. The drive there may be tough, however it’s definitely worth the journey.
Why go to Krossneslaug
The expertise right here is about embracing the wild great thing about Iceland whereas having fun with a heat, enjoyable bathtub. The pool is correct by the ocean, providing you a surprising view of the Arctic Ocean. There’s a large probability, you can be there alone, due to this fact you’ll really feel such as you’ve found a well-kept secret and reached the tip of the world.
get to Krossneslaug
We gained’t lie. You want time and a few robust nerves to get to Krossneslaug, possibly even a 4×4 automotive, because the highway is a bit bumpy and unpaved. However it isn’t essential. Attending to Westfjords itself is sort of an journey, so this may add some spice to it.
Drive to Hólmavík, observe the principle highway till a activate Highway 643. There aren’t many choices, so observe the highway by the shore one other 80km. The pool is by the tip of the highway, so you can’t miss it.
Recommendations on visiting Krossneslaug
- It’s not a pure scorching spring. It’s an outdoor pool, however it’s massive and good for swimming.
- There’s a cabin with altering rooms, bogs, and a bathe for each women and men.
- There’s an entrance charge of 1000 ISK for adults.
- The drive is tough, however you get an opportunity to take pleasure in some wonderful views and expertise true Icelandic landscapes.
Additionally learn: Solo traveler in Iceland? No drawback
Reykjadalur may be very fashionable as it’s a true geothermal wonderland positioned only a brief drive from Reykjavik within the south of Iceland.
Why go to Reykjadalur
Reykjadalur is exclusive as it’s not only a scorching pool. It’s a scorching river. You get to hike by means of stunning landscapes after which calm down in a heat river surrounded by gorgeous views. It’s a excellent for one-day journey if you’re in Reykjavík or the south.
get to Reykjadalur
Firstly, it’s essential get to Hveragerði, which is a 45-minute drive from Reykjavik, or 1 hour and 45mins from Vík. The hike to the recent river takes round 45 minutes.
Recommendations on visiting Reykjadalur
- Prepare for some crowds. It is a extremely popular spot.
- The upper you get on the river, the hotter the water will get. Concentrate on indicators telling you the place to not go.
- The entire space is filled with trails so if you’re a mountain climbing lover, you’ll be able to take pleasure in some additional steps.
Drangsnes Sizzling Pots
Drangsnes Sizzling Pots provides a singular coastal bathing expertise within the charming village of Drangsnes. These three seaside scorching tubs overlook the ocean, offering an effective way learn how to calm down.
Why go to Drangsnes
To take pleasure in dawn, and sundown, or expertise the midnight solar nearly in the midst of nowhere. If you’re touring round Westfjords, cease in Drangsnes and revel in a while off with a view. Though the tubs are positioned proper subsequent to the highway, they’re strategically hidden behind the rocks so you’ll be able to take pleasure in your second of rest really undisturbed.
get to Drangsnes
The recent tubs are in the midst of Drangsnes in Westfjords, not very distant from Hólmavík. It is advisable get on Highway 61 after which activate Highway 643, after a couple of kilometers activate Highway 645 and proceed till you attain Drangsnes.
Recommendations on visiting Drangsnes
- Throughout the highway from these tubs, there’s a bathe and bogs. The place is nicely maintained.
- If you’re fortunate sufficient, you may see some whales within the distance or seals taking part in within the ocean.
Húsafell Canyon Baths
Húsafell Canyon Baths are a set of man-made geothermal baths nestled in a lava area in West Iceland. Although the place isn’t pure, it’s designed to mix easily with the panorama. If you’re in search of a spot to flee from a rush, this is perhaps a spot for you.
Why go to Húsafell Canyon Baths
The baths are constructed from native pure supplies and sources corresponding to stone from the canyon ground. The cabin is created from saved wooden from the world. Even the hooks within the altering room are reused horseshoes from a household farm within the neighborhood. By visiting this place, you’ll not solely really feel linked to Icelandic nature but additionally to Icelandic traditions.
get to Húsafell Canyon Baths
Húsafell is a few two-hour drive from Reykjavik. The baths are simply accessible, and also you’ll discover them throughout the Húsafell Resort space. To get there it’s essential observe the highway 518.
Recommendations on visiting Húsafell Canyon Baths
- It is a paid scorching pool. When you plan to go to it, don’t overlook to ebook your ticket prematurely.
- The water is round 38 levels, though there’s a pure 6-degree pool fed straight from the river.
- Mix the go to to the baths with exploring the Icelandic Highlands.
As you intend your go to to Iceland, don’t overlook so as to add these outstanding scorching springs to your itinerary.
Whether or not you search journey within the distant Highlands or a tranquil soak within the midst of nature, Iceland’s scorching springs provide a various vary of experiences.
From hidden gems to well-known points of interest, every scorching spring holds its personal distinctive appeal, promising unforgettable reminiscences amidst Iceland’s breathtaking landscapes.